Mechanics - Strategy Cards
All games, no matter the scenario will have these Strategy Cards.
- Publish a piece of writing about the experience. Note the title of the piece, where it is published and where it will be distributed.
- Contact the media about the experience. Note which media agencies you would contact and how you’d convince them to cover it.
- Ask feminist bloggers to write about the experience. Note which bloggers you’d suggest and why.
- Respond to attacks on social media. Explain the response, note what hashtag you will use and which communities will be your targets and allies.
- Come up with your own content strategy.
- Call a lawyer and ask them to file a lawsuit. Note which law/s you will cite.
- Go to the police and file a report. Explain why you think the police can help.
- Document the experience for later legal use. Note what you would document and how.
- Submit an abuse report to a social media platform. Note which platform(s) and the policies that were violated.
- Come up with your own legal strategy.
- Ask people for support. Note what kind of support you want and who you will contact.
- Create a campaign to highlight the abuse. Note the name of the campaign, target(s), allies and at least one action.
- Ask your friends be your social media filter, documenting and deleting or hiding abusive comments from your view so you don’t have to see them.
- Ignore the attack and carry on as usual. Note why this could be effective.
- Come up with your own solidarity strategy.
- Double check account privacy and security settings. Do you want to hide your friends and photos from public view on Facebook? Have you tried two-step verification for logging into your accounts? Note other steps you’d take.
- Search for information or pictures of yourself online. What terms would you search for?
- Go offline for a while. Under what conditions would this be a good strategy? What are the benefits?
- Report the abusive accounts/content. Note which platform(s) and the policies that were violated.
- Come up with your own skills strategy.