Safety Considerations in Choosing Platforms for Video Sharing
General digital security considerations:
- Does the platform allow users to maintain strong passwords (more than 12 character passwords)? Better, does it tell the user that the passwords that they are using are not secure?
- Does the platform use HTTPS throughout its site? HTTPS is an encryption protocol that protects information as it travels through the internet.
- Will the platform allow users to control who can see their videos?
- Does the platform have a privacy setting for video content?
- Does the platform allow a user to control who can comment on their videos?
- Does the platform allow for downloading or copying of users videos without their consent?
- Does the platform allow the user to delete their videos from the platform? And would this mean that if it was shared or posted elsewhere (through the same platform) that the videos would automatically be deleted as well?